Our mission is to provide the citizens of this City with the best possible protection for their tax dollars by ensuring the protection of life and property. This is done by the following activities:
- The prevention of fires and life safety hazards through education, engineering, and inspection.
- The suppression of fires with a volunteer based force that is supported by a paid personnel force that always stands ready to battle whatever type of disaster is faced by the citizens of St. Marys.
- To respond to medical emergencies and provide aid and comfort.
- By constantly training all department personnel and civilians in order to be prepared to serve the Community in their time of need.
- By being prepared to take a proactive role in the mitigation of Hazardous Materials, Confined Space, and Natural Disasters that the community may face.
This Mission Statement is the attitude of all of the personnel that are a part of the St. Marys Fire Department, whether paid or volunteer. For we all stand as one, Professionals, walking the walk and setting the example for the City of St. Marys and her citizens.
The Fire Department supports the quality of life of the City by ensuring the protection and preservation of life and property.