Stay informed! Sign Up for CodeRED.
The City uses CodeRED to send mass notifications by phone, email and text to keep citizens informed. In the event of an evacuation, utility outage, water main break, fire or flood, chemical spill, or other emergency situation, the City may activate CodeRED to send emergency notifications to registered subscribers. The City may also use CodeRED to communicate non-life safety matters, such as planned road closures, water main repairs, water service interruptions, etc.
There is no charge to register for or use CodeRED, and personal information is kept confidential. Registering for CodeRED is quick and easy
- Sign up for CodeRED online by clicking here.
Things to Know About CodeRED
- CodeRED delivers notifications by phone, email, text, and/or mobile alerts.
- CodeRED is compatible with TDD/TTY devices for those who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Individuals who have already registered for the service but would like to update their phone number or add a cell phone number to the database may do so by re-registering.
- The CodeRED Mobile Alert app sends geographically-based messages to subscribers nationwide.
CodeRED Mobile Alert App
Residents and visitors can now receive enhanced public safety alerts no matter where they are through the CodeRED Mobile Alert app, a free public safety app for both Android and iPhone users. The CodeRED Mobile Alert app is similar to the CodeRED telephone notification system; however, instead of issuing calls, the app delivers community and emergency alerts to anyone located within a notification area via their mobile device.
If you are currently a CodeRED subscriber that has already registered your mobile phone to get notifications from the City, you will continue to receive calls. However, if you download the app, you will also be able to get alerts to your smartphone anywhere in the country, including Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and Alaska.
To download the free CodeRED Mobile Alert app, visit the Google Play or iTunes store.